Island Peak was the name given to the mountain in 1952 by Eric Shipton’s party who thought it to be reminiscent of an island in a sea of ice. It is also known by it’s Nepali name of Imja Tse. Island Peak is an extension of Lhotse Shar, and is located between the Lhotse and Imja glaciers, standing at 6,189m/20,305ft. We ascend by the standard route and although the summit can be reached in one day from base camp, we make use of a high camp to enjoy the surroundings!
Day 1: Kathmandu
Arrive in Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel.
Day 2: Lukla and Phakding
Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla 2840m.and trek to Phakding 2610m.
Day 3: Namche Bazaar
Phakding to Namche Bazaar 3440m.
Day 4: Acclimatization day, Namche Bazaar
Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization.
Day 5: Phortse
Namche Bazaar to Phortse 3810m.
Day 6: Dingboche
Phortse to Dingboche 4410m.
Day 7: Chukung
Dingboche to Chukung 4730m.
Day 8: Island Peak
Chukung to Island Peak base camp 4970m.
Day 9: Dingboche
Summit IP and Back to Chukung or Dingboche.
Day 10: Rest day
Spare day if weather Is Bad!
Day 11: Namche Bazaar
Dingboche to Namche Bazzar 3440m.
Day 12: Lukla
Namche Bazaar to Lukla 2840m.
Day 13: Flight to Kathmandu
Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Flight between Kathmandu and Lukla
- International & domestic airport transfers as per the itinerary.
- 3 meals a day while trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) as indicated by the itinerary.
- Accommodation while trekking in twin sharing basis tents or local lodges / guesthouses.
- All trekking and climbing related permit & fees.
- Professional English speaking guides and porters.
- Group Equipment that we provide: Doman tents and mattress on twin sharing basisi, kitchen/dining tent, kitchen equipment, toilet tent, climbing rope, harness, crampons, ice axe, karabiners, ice-screw, snow bars, rock piton, helmet, ascender, descender, tapes
- Treated water during trek
- Trek Nepal T-shirt
- 13% VAT
What's not included
- International air fare to/ from Nepal.
- Lunch and dinner prior to the trek, please allow US$ 20 per day.
- Any Meals at airports
- Entry Visa fees – at present US$ 25 for 15 day, US$ 40 for 30 day, and US$ 100 for three month visa on entry into Nepal.
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, theft expenses.
- Drinks: both alcoholic and bottled other than sterilized drinking water.
- Laundry fees, hot water, hot shower, charging mobile and batteries, using WI-FI
- All foods and beverages other than on the itinerary.
- Personal gear and expenses.
- Personal gears such as:- Climbing boot, long sleeved cotton/woolen shirts, wool long underwear, long cotton hiking shirts, warm climbing trousers, light weight fleece, fleece/wool for climbing, down high altitude sleeping bag (3,4 season), sleeping pad (Carry mart) or thermo mat, light cotton athletic socks and wool climbing socks, light weight thermal/insulated climbing gloves, head torch/batteries/bulbs, water proof climbing jacket, down jacket/trouser/vest, climbing sunglasses, sunscreen, sun hat, gaiters
- Chartering helicopter incase of bad weather
- Tips and gratitude provided to staff.
Making a booking
If you want to reserve your place on a trip we ask you to place a deposit of $195 to secure your place. Should you wish to discuss your trip with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +977 985 1105063 or in the UK on +44 (0) 7544496024.
|Island Peak Climbing||Thursday 7th Sep 2017 - Sunday 10th Sep 2017||8 places left||US$2050|
|Island Peak Climbing||Wednesday 20th Sep 2017 - Monday 2nd Oct 2017||8 places left||US$2050|
|Island Peak Climbing||Tuesday 26th Sep 2017 - Friday 29th Sep 2017||8 places left||US$2050|
|Island Peak Climbing||Tuesday 3rd Oct 2017 - Sunday 15th Oct 2017||8 places left||US$2050|
|Island Peak Climbing||Monday 9th Oct 2017 - Thursday 12th Oct 2017||8 places left||US$2050|
|Island Peak Climbing||Thursday 19th Oct 2017 - Tuesday 31st Oct 2017||8 places left||US$2050|
|Island Peak Climbing||Wednesday 25th Oct 2017 - Saturday 28th Oct 2017||8 places left||US$2050|
|Island Peak Climbing||Sunday 5th Nov 2017 - Friday 17th Nov 2017||8 places left||US$2050|
|Island Peak Climbing||Saturday 11th Nov 2017 - Tuesday 14th Nov 2017||8 places left||US$2050|
|Island Peak Climbing||Tuesday 21st Nov 2017 - Sunday 3rd Dec 2017||8 places left||US$2050|
|Island Peak Climbing||Monday 27th Nov 2017 - Thursday 30th Nov 2017||8 places left||US$2050|
|Island Peak Climbing||Saturday 2nd Dec 2017 - Thursday 14th Dec 2017||8 places left||US$2050|
|Island Peak Climbing||Friday 8th Dec 2017 - Monday 11th Dec 2017||4 places left||US$2050|
|Island Peak Climbing||Sunday 17th Dec 2017 - Friday 29th Dec 2017||8 places left||US$2050|
|Island Peak Climbing||Saturday 23rd Dec 2017 - Tuesday 26th Dec 2017||4 places left||US$2050|