• Enjoy the sights and sounds of crazy Kathmandu
• Get spiritual in Namo Buddha
• Enjoy spectacular views as you hike from place to place at a lazy place
This trek is ideal for families tight on time. You'll see the absolute highlights of the Kathmandu Valley in just less than one week - perfect! Our 6-day adventure takes you north east of the Kathmandu valley, providing panoramic views of the entire Langtang Ranges and (weatherpermitting) Mount Everest! Nagarkot also offers a panoramic view of the valley. This tour has been carefully designed to ensure you experience the essence of Nepal.
Day 1: Kathmandu
Kathmandu (no hotel included)
Today you'll arrive into Kathmandu. We'll pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel (not inlcuded). You'll be welcomed to Nepal by a Trek Nepal rep. Feel free to pick their brains! In the evening there'll be a pre-trip briefing at Trek Nepal’s office in Thamel.
Day 2: Panauti and Namo Buddha
Today we head out of Kathmandu to Panauti, about an hour and a half away, to start our hike to Namo Buddha (4 hours). Namo Buddha is one of the most sacred Buddhist pilgrimage sites. You will not believe the views!
Day 3: Hike to Dhulikhel and then trek to Nagarkot
Today we hike from Nammo Buddha to Dhulikhel and then on to Nagarkot (6 – 7 hours).
Day 4: Hike to Chisapani
Today we hike to Chisapani (5 hours).
Day 5: Hike to Sundarijal
A nice six hour trek to Sundarijal.
Day 6: Kathmandu sightseeing
Today it's back to Kathmandu for sightseeing - we'll visit the awesome Buddhist Stupa in Bouddha and Pashupatinath before going our separate ways. If you need a lift back to the airport - we can arrange this for you.
- All trekking related permits & fees
- All ground transfers included in the itinerary
- 3 meals per day (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during trek
- Treated water during the trek
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in local lodges/teahouses
- Professional trekking guide(s) and porter(s)
- First Aid Kit
- Sightseeing entrance fees
- Trek Nepal T-shirt
- 13% VAT
What's not included
- International airfares to/from Nepal
- Visas to enter Nepal
- Meals in Kathmandu, please allow US$20 per day
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance
- Bottled water, soft and alcoholic drinks
- Personal gear and expenses
- Tips and gratuities
Making a booking
If you want to reserve your place on a trip we ask you to place a deposit of $195 to secure your place. Should you wish to discuss your trip with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +977 985 1105063 or in the UK on +44 (0) 7544496024.
|Family Kathmandu Valley Rim Hike||Friday 1st Sep 2017 - Tuesday 12th Sep 2017||8 places left||US$320|