No two ways about it - Namo Buddha is jaw-droppingly beautiful. And from the Buddhist point of view, it is one of the most important religious pilgrimage sites in Nepal. It's only 40km away from Kathamandu so it's perfect for a day trip. And this one includes a nice leisurely hike too so that you arrive on foot to experience and enjoy the beauty and peacefulness of the place. You'll also trek through the wonderfully ancient Newari town of Dhulikhel. For those with not too much time to spare - Namo Buddha is a must. Book it... now!
Start and finish point: Kathmandu
Duration: 3 hours drive + 6 – 7 hours hiking
Group Size: Minimum 2 pax and above
7:30am: Meet at our office and drive to Panauti (1:15 hours)
9:00am: Hike to Namobuddha and explore the monasteries (4 hours)
3:30pm: Hike down to Dhulikhel (2 hours)
6:00pm: Drive back to Kathmandu (1:30 hours)
- Starting hiking from Panauti, the ancient town with beautiful ancient temples and villages
- Hiking through villages, jungles, farmlands
- Visiting Namo Buddha Monastery for prayer and lessons about Buddhism. Buddhists call it Tamangligi the famous Buddhist spot, where Lord Buddha (on 7th re-incarnation) sacrificed his body to hungry Tigress and its cubs.
- Viewing beautiful Langtang Range Mountains from Namo Buddha
- Visiting Dhulikhel, an ancient Newari town which has spectacular views of the Himalaya. Once an important link in the ancient trade route to Tibet, Dhulikhel has a glorious past which can be seen in many beautiful buildings and in intricate wood carvings in the shop-lined streets and temples.
Booking this trip
This day-trip can be booked any day of the week throughout the year, subject to availability - so if you want to book, just book the date below and we'll be in touch to discuss the exact date you wish to book.
Alternatively you can use the form below to tell us which date you'd like to book on to and we'll be in touch that way. Easy!
- Return transfers in a private vehicle
- English speaking guide
- An unforgettable day!
- 1 packed lunc
- Entry fee
What's not included
- Any kinds of drinks
- Personal gear
Making a booking
If you want to reserve your place on a trip we ask you to place a deposit of $195 to secure your place. Should you wish to discuss your trip with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +977 985 1105063 or in the UK on +44 (0) 7544496024.
|Day hike to Namo Buddha||Friday 1st Sep 2017 - Friday 1st Sep 2017||8 places left||US$90|